We all grew up watching ‘The Smurfs’ cartoon series. It was always fun to watch the adventurous tales of these tiny blue creatures, as they live life to the fullest in their tiny magic mushroom houses in the hidden mushroom village. And now Sony Pictures Animation is all set to bring the Smurfs back on the big screen with the animated comedy Smurfs: The Lost Village. In this movie, Smurfette and her group of friends including Hefty, Clumsy and Brainy venture out on a journey to discover a never before seen specimen of their own and warn them about the evil wizard Gargamel, who is tracking them for his own ulterior motives.
As the film is all set to release this week, there are the 5 things we look forward to in Smurfs: The Lost Village –
1. The Smurfs have always been tiny little delightful creatures to watch, but the previous films have failed because of a weaker storyline. That’s exactly what we are looking for in this one.
2. The previous Smurfs live-action movie didn’t quite connect with the audiences. So this time, the makers have kept in strictly animated. Let’s hope that makes a difference.
3. The best part about The Lost Village so far is that our tiny blue friends are about to meet a whole new gang of Smurfs that they have never met before. This looks like an interesting twist that might just win the game for the film.
4. Also, this Smurfs movie has a lot of lead female Smurfs, something that has been missing over the years. We really look forward to these new characters in the movie.
5. Smurfs: The Lost Village also has a great voice ensemble that consists of Demi Lovato, Meghan Trainor, Julia Roberts and Rainn Wilson amongst others. We really look forward to get entertained by these talented artists.
So are you looking forward to watch Smurfs: The Lost Village? The film is all set to hit the theatres on 21st April, 2017. You can find the trailer below –
Subscribe for our weekly newsletter