When you are in a relationship, being possessive and being jealous is natural. It’s a human quality that should be in place, till a limit. If you don’t get possessive or jealous, do you really even love your partner? Nonetheless, drawing the line is the most difficult part. Sometimes you can get overboard but here are ways you can deal with this. Take a look below:
1. Relationships are built on trust. If you don’t trust them what is the point of having a relationship with them?
2. Never let the situations that others are in, rattle you! Your life might not be similar to theirs, so why compare?
3. Find out the reason why you are feeling the pinch of jealously. Try to think of the good times and assess your relationship.
4. Manage your emotions. Don’t be an emotional mess, be a hot mess! Turn your life around and get your confidence back.
5. Apologise to your partner about all the emotional problems that led you to be jealous, if you overreacted! If they love you, they will understand.
6. Put yourself in their shoes and assess the situation. Try and understand their perspective.
7. After everything, if you still feel that you have a strong reason for feeling jealous, talk to them about it. If you feel they’ve gone too far away from you, set them free.
Subscribe for our weekly newsletter