Maya Sarabhai from Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai is the perfect upper class mother-in-law who taught good manners to her family, well, most of the times. :P More than anything else, she has an impeccable style that not many women followed back then. Trust me, she totally made sarees popular with her uber cool looks. Now that we are going to witness her grandness once again with the return of Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai, take a look at some of the style statements she made.
1. Who can forget the sleeveless blouses? So typically higher middle class!
2. Her soft cotton sarees are a delight and she made them look cool.
3. The multi-coloured saree looked best when Maya wore them in Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai.
4. And in fact, double coloured silk sarees became a thing when Mrs. Sarabhai wore them!
5. Not many women styled their blouses with lace, before Maya, of course, that is!
6. Maya even wore halter neck blouses way before they were a rage!
Isn’t she a style inspiration? Tell us what you think about her style statement in the comments section below.
Subscribe for our weekly newsletter