You can’t escape the clutches of office environment, it’s just not possible. Unless India comes up with an unemployment insurance scheme and you can make the most of it like George Costanza did in Seinfeld.
But sometimes, you are just lucky enough to have moments when your boss has to stay from office for a few more than just couple of days. It’s like the happiest time of the year (happier than your birthday or any other festival). Suddenly you have the control of the entire office situation and as there is no boss, YOU are the boss.
And these are some of the things that happen in the office hours in HIS absence:
1. You are never come on time. Why will you? Who cares?
2. All the mails are scheduled. And your boss feels that his employee is working even harder in his absence. (thank you Microsoft Outlook!)
3. Your lunch break lasts forever, we mean LITERALLY. Sometime it even extends till the tea time arrives.
4. In case your office happens to be near a mall, you can even go and shop everything you were going to during the weekend, so you can make better plans for the weekend.
5. The ladies are getting bored with their monotonous work schedule. It’s high time that you pep them up with your social skills in your boss’ absence!
6. Till the time boss is not around, your daily work schedule consists of browsing through Facebook, Twitter, Google, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr etc. (and obviously Naukri.com, to see if there are better opportunities)
7. And when you are done going through your social profiles, the second half of your office work consists of watching your favorite movies available on YouTube.
8. And if you can’t find a way to spend the lame office hours you might as well take a power, uh...no…a super-power nap.
9. You can easily access all the e-commerce websites and finish online shopping without fearing that someone is peeping into your PC from behind. (you know who…)
10. It is the only time when you can get hungover AF and still go to office without needing to give any explanations.
11. And not to mention the fact that you are first to leave the office, because Boss Chutti Pe Hai!!!
Subscribe for our weekly newsletter